Well, this is me:
I'm Sarah but some friends call me "Pete" (it's a long story), and I've always considered it a more fitting name. It's lovely to make your acquaintance.
So here's the skinny:
- I'm an introverted book-loving nerd with a penchant for fangirling, the BBC, critters, the outdoors (and indoors, really), and peanut butter.
- I was originally outraged at being sorted in to Hufflepuff instead of Ravenclaw, but, then, in all sincerity, told my husband that Heroes' serial-killing Sylar really needed a hug . . . and I couldn't deny my true identity any longer. If we're doing hybrid Houses, then I'm very much a Ravenpuff who has fully embraced her "Puff" side.
- I would be lying if I told you that I wasn't holding out for my childhood dream of becoming a mermaid.
- I love being a natural redhead, but, if I ever dyed my hair, I'd go for bright cerulean blue
- I'm obsessed with cephalopods and owls.
- For a long time, my favorite word was "xenomorphic" but it is currently a tie between "kerfuffle" and "flibbertigibbet."
- As a result of my APS going BERSERK postpartum, I am now a two time stroke survivor with open heart surgery and valve replacement somewhere in my future. Basically, I'll get to be a cyborg on blood thinners.
- I used to never shed a tear in movies. Not a one. Yes, I'm proud of my emotional constipation, thank you very much. Then I had a kid. And OMG I tear up just THINKING about An American Tail. I can't handle it, peeps. Like not even a little.
- I have no sense of direction whatsoever. No, really, I got lost driving to the grocery store less than a mile from my home. Like MISERABLY lost. For an hour. It's bad, peeps.
- On that note, I also have no athletic skill at all. It's worse than my sense of direction.
- C.S. Lewis and Tolkien are my heroes.
- I'm married to my totally fantastic kind-of-highschool-sweetheart (it's a long story), but my true soulmate is my orange tabby, Pipkin. She's in the pic above sitting on my butt . . . because that's what fur-covered soulmates do.
- I will take a day out on the water over just about anything else.
Because, you know, I'm really a mermaid.
And these are my dudes:
I think they're pretty freakn awesome.
Once upon a time, I blogged over at Any Way the Wind Blows where, for roughly six years, I rambled about my newly and not-so-newly wedded life and everything in between.
When I became pregnant and turned into a human-growing zombie, my beloved blog fell into disuse and disarray. Medical and newborn chaos (seriously, it was a TRIP you can read all about HERE) eventually mellowed in an almost-routine, and I thought to myself, "Self, it's a new phase in life, and new phase means new blog, right? Am I going to do this every time we hit a major milestone?"
And so here we are.